Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Discipline


I've decided that getting what I want is about controlling my behavior. Which I do have control over, until I get mentally highjacked by the little kid in me. I think there is a problem with the verbage of self-discipline. This pharase states that we must control ourselves from behaving like ourselves, why would we do that - it creates a feeling of loss of freedom. The idea that we are slaves to the culture and are simply doing what society says we should be doing. Although this makes sense it is infact a paradox of life.

Jesus said, ""I am come that they (us) might have life, and that they might have life more abundantly". I believe that Christ has given me life to live. I want to have the best life I can have while I'm here on earth so I must strive for optimization.

No comments: